Total Pageviews

Sunday, July 27, 2014

I'm now a Linkedin Publisher. So What?!?

Being a Linkedin Publisher allows me to share my perspectives in a more complete and meaningful manner. Still, so what!?!

Admittedly when I first looked at Linkedin, to put it mildly, it didn't interest me. However a business associate persisted that I become a member, so I eventually joined. What to lose, its free.

Even after joining, I walked away from Linkedin due to more urgent aspects of my business. Its format seemed to be a combination of resumes and philosophical edicts, too dry and too irrelevant for my needs. I'm focused on building my business.

However the Linkedin name kept popping up in the social media circles, so I'm thinking perhaps there's something to this platform. I took another look at Linkedin and have since kept looking forward, this time with much greater clarity and focus.
I've discovered that Linkedin is much more than simply a business version of 'that other' social media platform. Linkedin, besides serving as a clearinghouse for those seeking or providing jobs, also provides a shared environment of observation, experience and expertise that benefits the participating business or altruistic community. No need to re-create the wheel.

I'm continually learning that success occurs less about where I think I should be rather more about where my contacts, associates and customers want me to be. The more relevance I provide to their needs, the more they’ll likely perceive my value and the more likely they’ll do business with me. 

This perception is a two-way highway. My being a Linkedin Publisher is of less value to me, than with the members sharing my profile and also choosing to become Publishers. Through an exchange of ideas and perspectives, we'll collectively benefit and grow our ventures more successfully.

Back to my original question of, so what. ‘So what’ you think (and, why) of my comments and, ‘so what’ you've also experienced, please share so we can all ride the wave successfully.

No comments:

Post a Comment