Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Bedbugs - Totally destroys my Travel Karma

I have achieved the balance of inner peace and watchful planning to maximize my travel enjoyment. However, there is one critical exception - bedbugs. I absolutely freak out over the possibility of waking up in the middle of the night with multiple, itchy red spots all over my body. 
Unfortunately, a lodgings' star rating does not necessarily predict my risk of bringing those awful critters back home with me and my family, establishing a whole new battle front of bedbug warfare. How do I plan to not wake up in the morning with bedbugs as my new travel partner? 

Actually, there are several methods that can increase ones' peace-of-mind/morbid-paranoia ratio.

Before you begin your travels you can visit. http://www.bedbugregistry.com/ to see if a lodging has been flagged about having bedbugs. There are also apps available for both Apple and Android smartphones. Some will help you detect bedbugs while other apps will also flag bedbug infested lodgings as reported by visitors. I have no experience in how well these apps might work, https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=bed%20bug%20apps.


Please feel free to share your experiences or comments. Meanwhile, don't let the bedbugs bite.

No comments:

Post a Comment